Thursday, January 29, 2009

One Problem Fixed, Another One Started

Well, I haven't taken pictures yet but the re-plumb of the house is officially done! I cannot believe how well they matched the paint. You literally can't tell where they cut into the walls. We were so amazed. There had been some loose ends to tie up over the past couple of days which resulted in me losing sleep because people were showing up at the house at ridiculous times. Ridiculous for my standards, since I go to bed around 5:30am. They even sent a cleaning crew in here to clean up the house. We were so happy to have this whole thing behind up. Then disaster struck! I came home Wednesday morning around 5:20am. I was tired and looking forward to crawling in bed. Once I made my way into the laundry room, my feet felt a bit odd. I was walking through water. I turned the light on and made my way down the hall. More sloshing around. Oh no what now? The water looked like it had started in the laundry room, made it's way down the hall, into both spare bedrooms, down the hall even further and into the spare bathroom. It actually made it's way to the toilet in the spare bathroom. I called Dynamic Plumbing & left a message and also called their "emergency" line. What a joke. The operator said she would leave a message at the office. I swear I just did that myself. I made an effort to sop up the mess with towels around the house. I could see where the water had gotten into the carpet in both spare bedrooms. Someone called me from Dynamic a bit later and he said someone would come out once they opened. I told them not to bother until around 9:30am when I knew Jared would be home from work. The damage had been done. While I was sleeping, a rep from Dynamic came out and they are found the problem. A recycle hose for the water softener had been incorrectly hooked up to the drain where the washer drains. It spilled over and viola, there's our mess. I came home last night around 11:30pm to put the dogs in their kennels and everything was fine. But we have the water softener set to recycle at 3am. Imagine the damage had I gotten off later or not gotten up till later, or hell used the front door instead of the garage. They have to come in with fans tomorrow and run them for about 3 days. They are going to quarantine off the area and dry it out. Then the fun begins Monday. They will pull the base boards up, cut a foot of drywall off in the effected areas and then have to replace that, texture and paint it. Looks like more fun and games for us. Probably be another week or so until this is done. Tonight we moved everything out of the office and tried to clear as much space as possible. What a mess. I had to call off of work to be available to clean up and I won't be getting much sleep with all the construction going on. Who knows what I will have to do next week, luckily my boss is going to work with me on it and Dynamic is going to have to pay me for the time lost from work. Well, I better get some sleep before the mayhem begins in the morning.

No comments: