Monday, January 12, 2009

Colorado Avalanche












So, I finally figured out how to do this whole picture thing....with Donna's help of course.

Jared and I had the opportunity to go to a Colorado Avalanche game in Denver this past weekend. We had so much fun. We went with our good friends Andy & Kristee and their son Jacob. (Who is 3 days younger than Jace) We flew in on Friday morning and spent most of the day Friday touring the town, going to malls and of course eating. We got to go to one of my favorite places to eat, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. For those of you who have not had the pleasure, it is a seafood place, (they have other stuff too) that centers around the movie Forest Gump. The wait staff even asks you trivia questions about the movie. We got them all right, in case you were wondering. The game was an early one on Saturday. The Avalanche played the Pittsburgh Penguins. The reason we chose to go to this particular game was because not only did we want to see our team play but we also wanted to see Sidney Crosby. For those of you who don't follow hockey, he is quite the phenomenon. I don't know all his stats but he was drafted at 18 and was the youngest player ever to make captain at 20. He is a great player for being so young.....our team still won though! It was such a fun game and I got to try out my new camera and extra lens. The zoom was amazing. We were sitting in the "club seats." They are on the second level but the hang over the first level. We were in the front row so we had a great view. I won't bore you with all of the 491 pictures I took before and during the game, but they were awesome. I would have to say that it was one of the best weekends ever. We had so much fun. I think the trip there definitely sparked my interest in moving away from Las Vegas some day. Of course if we do make it anywhere near Denver I will have to get season tickets for the Colorado Avalanche. The seats on the glass are only about $8000 per person, per season. That's reasonable right? Well, I wouldn't need seats on the glass but hey a girl can dream can't she? These are a few of the other pictures we took. We can't wait to be able to go to another game. Hopefully we will be able to make it to one in Anaheim in March.



























3 comments:

Donna said...

I am very IMPRESSED... I told you it was easy to add pictures. I'm glad you guys had so much fun! Just don't move away and leave me here without my sis! I'd miss you way too much. Love ya'!

Rebecca said...

Nice pictures....hmmm looks like a Nikon D40...love that camera! Hee hee we blog!

Judy said...

I am so proud you finally posted & added pictures!! You are amazing!!! Oh, to not have kids and be able to travel anywhere, anytime!! Love you!