Thursday, September 25, 2008

Update on Jared and Ike

So today marks two weeks since Jared has been in Texas helping with disaster relief in Texas. He has done a lot of waiting around, some transporting, and played a whole bunch of poker. I can't exactly say that he is having the time of his life but it is definitely an experience for him. The rest of the Las Vegas team came back last night. Jared isn't sure what happened to the creepy guy from Medicwest that traveled out there with him. Last he heard, the kid was sent to Houston. The plan right now is to have Jared there until Sunday and then drive a truck back to it's base in Atlanta, GA. It is a 14 hour drive and they will drive a few trucks in a group, driving 7 hours each day then getting a hotel. If all goes as planned he should be home on Tuesday or Wednesday. We will see. I do miss him incredibly, but there is so much opportunity to make money there. He has been on the clock since 7am on September 11th and will be paid the entire time until 2 hours after he returns home. We already booked a place in Anaheim to stay in November. We deserve a little vacation after being apart for over 2 weeks. Our Disneyland passes expire on the 18th of November so we will get some use out of them before we lose them. We hadn't planned on renewing this year, we might later. I have been working a TON. I taught class this morning and I am needing to leave to go back for an 8 hour shift. It helps to pass the time. I only get emotional about him being gone when I sit and do nothing. I have enjoyed taking my half out of the middle of the bed. I will have to be sure to make room for Jared when he gets home. Hope all is well out in Blog land.

1 comment:

Donna said...

With all the money you're making maybe you guys should take US to dinner! ha ha ha... only kidding!
I do think you guys should get passes again if we go in December instead of buying Christmas and b-day gifts!